Steven D. Shelton
Web Services Librarian
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith
5210 Grand Ave.
Fort Smith, AR 72913-3649
- University of Arkansas - Fort Smith - Boreham Library / Fort Smith, AR
Web Services Librarian - (March, 2010 - present)
Responsible for all web interfaces and digital projects.
Supervise student workers on digitization of yearbooks.
Serve on campus web redesign committee.
Liaison to College of Languages and Communications.
Provide instruction as needed including lead role in Zotero instruction.
Train staff and create documentation as necessary.
Provide reference service as needed.
- Kansas State University – K-State Libraries / Manhattan, KS
Digital / Learning Special Projects Resident - (August, 2008 – March, 2010)
- Work with Instructional Design Librarian to maintain and develop learning objects.
- Collaborate with others within the K-State Libraries to explore and create online solutions.
- Teach in-person instruction sessions offered by the Instruction Unit.
- Provide reference service through the library help desk or instant messaging service.
- Eastern Oklahoma District Library System / Tahlequah, OK
Library Technology Specialist – (November, 2003 – July, 2008.)
Interim Manager (January, 2007 - December, 2007)
- Supervise staff of fifteen at two branch locations.
- Rectify branch financial accounts and complete monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting IT at Tahlequah and Hulbert branches (57 computers).
- Design and instruct public computer classes and train staff.
- Research and recommend equipment, databases, and books.
- Maintain websites at both branches.
- Northeastern State University / Tahlequah, OK
Instructor - (August, 2003 - December, 2005)
- English composition classes.
- Access PC Systems / Tahlequah, OK
Owner/Operator - (August, 2002 - June, 2007)
- On-site computer repair, maintenance and training.
- Northeastern Oklahoma Sign Co., Inc. / Tahlequah, OK
Graphic Technician - (November, 1995 - December, 2003)
- Graphic design of logos, signs and mockups.
- High level of client and vendor contact including quotations, sales and customer support.
- Improved quotation process by designing software-based solution.
- Redesigned office layout to improve efficiency.
- Installed and maintained LAN along with all other IT/computer support.
- Created and maintained company website.
- M.L.I.S. – University of Oklahoma – Tulsa, OK – 2009
- B.A. cum laude English/Mass Communications – Northeastern State University - Tahlequah , OK - 2002
- Beta Phi Mu – Lambda chapter / University of Oklahoma
- Rho Theta Sigma honor society / Northeastern State University
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Kansas Library Association
- Mountain Plains Library Association
- “Using Web 2.0 Social Technology to Build a Cyber infrastructure for an Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Community of Practice.(collaborator) Poster session - CDC National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media. August 7-9, 2010.
- Teach your browser new tricks: Web-based instruction tools at K-State.” Kansas Library Association Conference. April 2, 2009.
- “OSS OnRamp: Five innovative projects by library school students using open source software.” Oklahoma Library Association Conference. April 23, 2008.
- Drupal, PHP programming language, MySQL database, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Gimp, Illustrator, InkScape, HTML, CSS, jQuery.